This 36-lesson Professional Herbalist Course with supplemental materials and benefits is a distance learning course intended for:
- Those desiring to pursue a career as a professional herbalist
- Those desiring to pursue a career as a clinical herbalist
- The serious student interested in more in-depth herbal training
- Those desiring to pursue advanced studies in various systems of diagnosis and treatment of specific ailments
- Those who would like to explore a materia medica of over 500 herbs from around the world
- Those seeking to delve deeper into the theory and practice of Planetary Herbology
This course in professional studies provides:
- A one year student membership in the American Herbalists Guild
- 3 year subscription to the online classroom
- Personalized answers and evaluations to lesson test essays and projects
- In-depth knowledge on how to use herbs for effectively and efficiently treating yourself and others
- In-depth knowledge of herbs and how to use them clinically and therapeutically.
- In-depth knowledge of how to differentiate and treat disease patterns (rather than diagnosis and treat diseases) and to effectively and efficiently apply herbal remedies and formulas to those patterns
- In-depth knowledge of the diagnosis and treatment of over 90 specific ailments
- In-depth knowledge of advanced diagnostic techniques
- Ability to evaluate illness according to specific energy patterns using several assessment methods such as observation, interrogation, tongue, pulse and other techniques
- Administer herbs according to their unique energies to treat specific patterns of illness
- The Professional Course is approved by the California Acupuncture board for 400 CE hours for licensed acupuncturists.
A graduate of the professional herbalist course will obtain:
- A certificate in Professional Herbal Studies with Michael and Lesley Tierra
- Eligibility to attend all continuing education and graduate classes at the annual seminars
- Eligibility to apply for admittance into the E.W.C.H. Degree Program which carries the endorsement of a practitioner by Michael and Lesley Tierra
- Eligibility to participate in the East West Mentorship Program
- Ability to practice as a clinical herbalist
- Capability of pursuing all professions in the field of herbalism and natural health
Many students after completing this course open clinics as professional herbal practitioners and their herbal expertise is often called upon by M.D.'s, D.C.'s and Acupuncturists. They also teach, publish papers and books, appear on radio shows, and create products, among other professional activities.
Professional Course includes all 36 Lessons, 11 additional books and a one year AHG student membership for $2199. We are passionate about herbs, come join us and become a Planetary Herbalist. Our school offers the best herbal training, and at an affordable price too. Enroll online (click on green "enroll now" button at top right of this page) or Call: 800-717-5010. The course is also available on a payment plan. No obligation payments - you are not required to continue beyond the first 12 Lessons and payment one - unless you choose to do so.
Join us at East West School and begin your herbal journey today! Enroll now, click here!
For our international students please email: email@example.com for enrollment procedure and shipping fees. All course materials are mailed in 5-7 business days.
We'd love to welcome you into our fun, fascinating Planetary Herbology student community. Enroll today! Learn more about our recent upgrades to the course, where we made the best course even better: http://www.planetherbs.com/news/planetary-news.html
- Section I (Lessons 1-12)
- Section II (Lessons 13-24) is an extensive and comprehensive materia medica, including over 500 herbs and medicines from around the world.
- Section III (Lessons 25-36) contains the remaining materia medica lessons and emphasizes the clinical diagnosis of specific diseases and the maintenance of health. It then brings together all of the knowledge of the previous lessons to enable the student to be a competent herbal consultant.
The course is presented in a written format, the lessons similar to chapters in a textbook. Along with the course books students also have a 'workbook' which contains helpful information, supplemental articles and the testing material. This course and its workbook contain over 1100 pages, and along with the books, are mailed to students. Students study the course materials via a distance learning format and utilize the online classroom to enhance the course studies via articles, a private student forum, chat room classes and webinars with Michael and Lesley Tierra and faculty.
Each lesson includes a test and projects to be completed by the student at his/her own pace. The testing format consists of: true/false, multiple choice, matching and essay answer sections. In this way you are able to judge your own comprehension of the lesson material presented. The test questions are open-book and self-grade (answers are provided in the Private Student Forum file library). The only thing you need to e-mail to us are your essays and project reports, which should illustrate your overall comprehension of the lesson's concepts and themes. This way, we monitor your progress and give feedback on any material that is not clear to you. These evaluations are then returned to the student via e-mail.
In addition to the above curriculum, optional supplemental materials are also available, including instructional CDs, articles, booklets, books and DVDs. These enhance the lessons further and help explain some of the more intricate theories of herbology on a deeper level.
Once you have completed the Professional Herbalist Course, you will take a final examination (also by correspondence). Successfully passing this will entitle you to a Certificate in Herbal Studies, demonstrating completion of studies with Michael and Lesley Tierra. The average length of time to complete all 36 Lessons takes students one and a half to two years. Students have up to five years to complete all 36 Lessons. This course lays the groundwork for entering and completing the EWCH Degree Program, and is a requirement for attaining the E.W.C.H.
Also included with the course
- The Way of Herbs by Michael Tierra
- The Way of Chinese Herbs by Michael Tierra
- Planetary Herbology by Michael Tierra
- Healing with the Herbs of Life by Lesley Tierra
- Chinese Traditional Herbal Medicine, Volumes I & II by Michael and Lesley Tierra
- The Way of Ayurvedic Herbs by Karta Khalsa and Michael Tierra
- Botany in a Day by Thomas J. Elpel
- Medicine Makers Handbook by James Green
- Herbal Medicine from the Heart of the Earth by Sharon Tilgner
- Tao of Nutrition by Maoshing Ni
In addition to the course we also offer an online classroom on our website, a private forum area and chat room sessions each week with Michael Tierra and guest herbalists. The forums and chat room sessions are your opportunity to engage, interact and connect with other students and school faculty and be a part of the East West School herbal community. The online classroom also includes an articles area, PowerPoint presentations and more, all of which are included with your enrollment in the course.
- One year student membership in the American Herbalists Guild
- 3 year subscription in online classroom
- Attendance at all three East West annual seminar tracks
Course details - Enroll now, click here!
The Professional Herbalist Course is an advanced course that teaches you how to therapeutically use herbs for effectively and efficiently treating yourself and others. It is perfect for those who desire an in-depth knowledge of herbs and how to use them clinically and therapeutically. This complete course is also perfect for those who desire a more thorough herbal knowledge.
This course is based on, but definitely not limited to, a foundation of Western herbalism along with Traditional Chinese Medicine(TCM) and Traditional Ayurvedic Medicine (TAM). In this course you learn how to differentiate and treat disease patterns (rather than diagnosis and treat diseases) and to effectively and efficiently apply herbal remedies and formulas.
The Professional Herbalist Course emphasizes a materia medica of over 500 herbs -- Western, Chinese and Ayurvedic -- along with diagnosis, treatment of specific ailments and advanced diagnosis techniques. Many students, after completing this course, open clinics as professional herbal practitioners and their herbal expertise is often called upon by M.D.'s, D.C.'s and Acupuncturists. They also teach, do radio shows and publish their writings along with create products and perform other professional activities.
We strongly encourage those in the Professional Herbalist Course to attend all three seminar tracks at our annual East West Herbal Seminars and to learn some form of bodywork, either on their own or by attending our annual East West Body Therapy Seminar. Those who complete this course are eligible to complete the requirements for and receive the East West Certified Herbalist Degree (E.W.C.H.) which carries the endorsement of a practitioner by Michael Tierra.
The Professional Herbalist Course is presented in a written format, the lessons similar to chapters in a textbook. Along with the course books students also have a workbook which contains helpful information, supplemental articles and the testing material. This course and its workbook (excluding supplemental materials) contain over 1100 pages. Each lesson includes a test with true/false, multiple choice, matching questions along with essays and projects to be completed by the student at his/her own pace. The essays and project reports are then e-mailed to the school and our faculty grades and records all answers and gives personalized responses to the student. The evaluations and answers are then emailed back to the student.
In addition to studying the course material, students are encouraged to access the "Student Assembly" online classroom on our website, where we offer a private forum area and chat room sessions with guest herbalists, East West Graduates and Michael Tierra. The forums and chat room sessions are your opportunity to engage, interact and connect with other students and school faculty. The online classroom also includes an articles area, PowerPoint presentations and more, all of which are included with your enrollment in the course.
Once you have completed the Professional Herbalist Course you take a final examination (also by correspondence) at no additional cost. Successfully passing this will entitle you to a Certificate in Herbal Studies, demonstrating completion of studies with Michael and Lesley Tierra. Although there is not a time limit to complete the course, the average length of time to complete all 36 Lessons and supplementary books takes students one and a half to two years.
- Lesson 1: The History of the Herbal Tradition
- Lesson 2: A Balanced Diet, The Key to Health
- Lesson 3: Using Foods as Medicine
- Lesson 4: Ayurveda Tridosha Theory
- Lesson 5: Chinese Medicine: Yin/Yang Theory
- Lesson 6: The Chinese Theory of Five Elements (Phases)
- Lesson 7: Assessment, Causes and Treatment of Disease
- Lesson 8: The Nature of Medicinal Herbs
- Lesson 9: Herbal Fundamentals and Formulary
- Lesson 10: Herbal Preparations for External Application
- Lesson 11: Herbal Preparations for Internal Application
- Lesson 12: Herbal Therapeutics, Adjunct Therapies and First Aid
- Lesson 13: Warming Diaphoretics: Warm Surface-relieving herbs
- Lesson 14: Cooling Diaphoretics
- Lesson 15: Purgatives
- Lesson 16: Alteratives and Blood Purifiers I: Herbs for Clearing Heat
- Lesson 17: Alteratives and Blood Purifiers II: Herbs for Clearing Heat
- Lesson 18: Diuretics: Herbs for Removing Excess Wetness
- Lesson 19: Antirheumatics: Herbs for Dispelling Wind and Damp
- Lesson 20: Phlegmolytic Expectorants and Antitussives
- Lesson 21: Herbs for Clearing Phlegm and Antitussives
- Lesson 22: Astringents: Herbs the Stabilize and Bind
- Lesson 23: I. Nervines: Herbs that Calm and Pacify the Spirit, II. Antispasmodics: Herbs That Calm and Relieve Internal Wind and Spasms
- Lesson 24: I. Herbal Stimulants: Herbs for Warming the Internal/Treating Cold and Wetness. II. Aromatic Consciousness-reviving Herbs: Fragrant Herbs for Opening Orifices
- Lesson 25: Alimentary System Herbs, Digestives, Carminatives, Qi-regulating Herbs, Emetics and Anti-emetics
- Lesson 26: Herbs That Regulate Blood (Western Physiological Description)
- Lesson 27: Hemostatics (Herbs That Stop Bleeding)
- Lesson 28: Herbal Tonics
- Lesson 29: Yang and Yin Tonics
- Lesson 30: I. Herbs Used to Expel Parasites, II. Herbs Used for External Treatments
- Lesson 31: The Four Diagnostic Methods of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Lesson 32: Assessment Strategies and Patterns: The Three Aspects, Six Stages and Four Levels
- Lesson 33: TCM Differential Diagnosis: Zang-Fu (Internal Organs) Symptom-Sign Diagnosis
- Lesson 34: Specific Diseases and Their Treatments - I
- Lesson 35: Specific Diseases and Their Treatments - II
- Lesson 36: Putting It All Together: Dui Yao Formulation, the Art of Simpling, and Developing an Herbal Practice
This professional course cost is $2199, Enroll now, click here! The course is also available on a payment plan.
Enroll online or call: 800-717-5010